Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On the Road Again

I flew out of Vancouver early Monday morning, and landed in Minneapolis that evening where I'll be attending Spring Quilt Market, starting this week Friday. But first, since I'm in the area, there are a few shops I HAVE TO get to! So first thing Tuesday morning I got in my rental car, complete with GPS (the GPS lady is my new best friend--she kept me from getting lost many times!) and drove to Spring Green, Wisconsin. It took me about 4 1/2 hours but was it ever worth it! "Country Sampler" quilt shop was voted one of the Top 10 quilt shops in North America and I'd wanted to visit it ever since seeing the article in Quilt Sampler magazine.I spent a couple of hours in that wonderful store and came away with two bags full of goodies! Check out their website: http://www.sgcountrysampler.com for pictures of inside the store.

Then it was another couple of hours driving to Ripon, Wisconsin, to visit "A Simpler Time" (another shop I'd seen advertised) and stock up on some primitives. Not having many shops like this back home, I need to get my fix whenever I can! Check them out at http://www.simplertime.com.
I spent the night in Oshkosh (by gosh!) and this morning drove to Menasha, Wisconsin, to check out "Primitive Gatherings", another Top 10 Quilt Shop. Lisa (the owner) has bought several of my patterns over the years and I found some of them there. Plus so much good stuff I could hardly stand it! You can check out her shop at http://www.primitivegatherings.us/the-store.html.
I could have spent hours in that shop but I needed to head back to Minneapolis to set up for Market. Here are some of the goodies I'm bringing home.
So many yummy fabrics I hadn't seen before and kits and patterns and books. Don't know when I'll ever have time to make them all but since when has that been a consideration?

No comments:

Post a Comment