I love the start of a new year, when it seems like anything is possible and I haven't screwed up (yet) in any major way. It reminds me of when I was a child starting another grade in school and I opened a new notebook (do kids still use notebooks?), all fresh and clean, with no crossed-out mistakes or eraser marks to spoil it. 2010 had many wonderful moments but it was also a hard year for me in many ways, as I know it was for so many people. We dealt with health, financial, and relationship challenges in our family and will continue to do so into this year. But I'm also excited about the possibilities this year holds.
I don't set New Year's resolutions but I do like to set goals for myself. (Nothing to do with exercising or losing weight--these are doomed to fail before I start.) So here, in no particular order, are some of my goals for this year.
- I want to redo my master bathroom, which has stayed the same since building our house 20 years ago!
- I have several new projects and patterns in the works which I want to finish and send off to book publishers and magazines for possible publication.
- I want to get my website back up and running ASAP.
- I want to travel somewhere on my bucket list.
- And I want to continue doing what I love. With that in mind, here is my first project of the year--a little quilt pattern kit I bought at Primitive Gatherings quilt shop when I was there last year.
Here's why I love this kit--the gorgeous colours of the fabric and wool.
And it's small so I can squeeze it in between other bigger projects.