Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Sunday of Advent

Here on Canada's west coast, we got our first taste of winter this past week--days of howling winds and record-low temperatures were followed by an early snowfall.

Here's the view out of my kitchen window. I like to keep things simple during this holiday season.

My decorating starts with this creche, which has been part of our
family's Christmas tradition for many years.

I made the crepe paper figures based on a pattern in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. My husband crafted the rustic stable.
Christmas quilts are hung around the house.
This my "Holly and the Ivy" pattern.
And here's my "In the Photo Booth".
Here's another old "Better Homes and Gardens" pattern.
Even though it's getting a bit dated,
I love how it looks against the blue mantel.
My husband made the stained glass wreath which is hung in our living room window.
I'll put a little potpourri in a wooden bowl
and place it on this table mat (pattern by Primitive Gatherings.)
And I love this penny rug pattern by Lakeview Primitives.
Last year my sister surprised me with this wonderful Pineberry Lane stitchery.
She hadn't realized that I loved the pattern so much,
I'd just bought and made one for myself,
so now I have two!
One can never have too much of a good thing!

5 comments:

  1. Cheryl, your home is gorgeous with or without the decorations! Too funny about the samplers... they're both awesome!

    And wasn't the snow beautiful while it lasted? Not nearly long enough for my girls!

    Have a great week! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl, I've just spent some time viewing your blog...I think you are amazing! I wish I knew how to make my blog with snowflakes and such! Oh, I'm just so computer challenged!
    Happy Holidays my friend. I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Oh, and yes, you can keep the cold.......I don't think I could handle it now! To much sand in my shoes! Hugs, Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christmas pieces. I do have a few old BHG magazines, and a few with nativities, one of these days I might actually make one;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely!!!. We prepare also the comming of the Christmas time with the Advent period... So i wish you a Blessed advent... Lovely Christmas Family, have you at home... This week-end we will arrange at home our Christmas family, and the decoration..
    Thank you for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl!
    I found your blog by accident, I can't believe you are THAT Cheryl!
    I won a copy of your book from Madamme Samm, I just love it!
    And you live where I would almost give my eye teeth to live!
    I became a follower of your blog too.
    Thanks for all that you do.
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete