Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Canadian Christmas Blog Hop has begun!

Oh, I'm so excited!  My friend Dougal Walker of The Freckles Collection has posted a wonderful little ornament pattern and CUTE Christmas cookies on her blog.  You have to check it out!
Dougal is my mentor and friend.  Ten years ago, when I was first thinking of publishing my patterns, a quilt shop owner suggested I contact Dougal since she'd been designing patterns for awhile and knew a lot about it.  So I did contact her and we arranged to meet for coffee.  She's been such an incredible source of information for me over the years.  We've also become good friends and we still meet to share our stories.  Dougal's expertise is in stitchery and you can find lots more of her patterns at www.frecklescollection.com.
Next Sunday will feature another Canadian designer so please check back!

3 comments:

  1. How fun....I'll go have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl!

    I put the button on my blog...and am off to see the ornaments!! Thanks!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see some Canadian designers, I'll be following along for sure.

    ReplyDelete